Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dear {insert your name}

I was like, "What?? Why!!" I'd created this blog and was trying to figure out if it was a coffee induced coma or if I was actually looking forward to sharing my days, thoughts and impressions with others... publicly. Sure I've read a few blogs in my day but I am no pro as to the do's and don'ts of blog etiquette or the acceptable parameters of honesty in these entries. I'm an amateur! However, just as quickly as I questioned myself, I had my own encouragement right in hand. There's few things better than a timely word and this was mine: I'm a letter writer. I have been my whole life. Thank my mother who had me writing thank-you notes after Christmas every year from the time I could write my name. Or the fact that I was penpals with my one and only cousin just because I wanted to be able to send a letter of what was going on in my world. To this day, I love sitting down with new stationary and sending out a hello to a family member or friend. I'm one of those old-fashioned weirdos who loves to send snail mail still. But it is this very weirdness that encouraged me...I will write a letter...and you can read it. It's your very own personal letter from me to you. I hope you enjoy them as much as I like writing them. And maybe you will start to look forward to getting my "letter" in the "mail".

My same love of letter writing I'm instilling in my girls. Cailee already draws pictures and then purposely sets it aside noting who it is for. I love this. Thinking of someone else, what they are doing, how you would like to tell them something special about your day. Well, as I sit on my comfy couch (with a pile of laundry adorning the chair in front of me...at least it's clean laundry, right?) and all the household still slumbers (except for Josh who is apparently out on his own adventure at I can only guess biking or the rock quarry) I can't help but hope that it is a letter-writing kind of a day for us. Something we do will be special, beautiful, worthy of sharing with those we love. And I hope the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment